My all-time favorite cookie recipe: a delicious no-bake variety using peanut butter and butterscotch
Ugly cookies are often the best cookies. I’m going to be honest here: these cookies are not pretty. At all. What I can promise you is that they are the best cookies on the planet.
They are my personal favorite, my ultimate cookie. They are ridiculously simple and ridiculously delicious. I only make them at Christmas time because they are so special to me. They symbolize happiness and bring back family nostalgia. I love them.
They are an addictive combo of peanut butter, butterscotch, cornflakes, peanuts, and chocolate covered raisins. If you make them, you will find yourself grabbing one every chance you get.
- 4 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate covered raisins
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat and stir constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir until completely combined.
- Pour mixture over the cornflakes and stir until corn flakes are coated. Add chocolate covered raisins and peanuts. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture onto cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Let cool for one hour before storing.