Deliciously simple no-bake oat cookies made with chocolate and peanut butter.
Certain recipes can take me right back to my childhood. Banana bread, corn casserole, pumpkin soup, cinnamon rolls, and these cookies are recipes that transport me back in time.
These no-bake cookies are a classic – you have probably had them at one point or another in your life. This recipe has been passed down in my family through generations. These cookies are little fudgy bites of heaven.
The recipe is made with butter, sugar, cocoa powder, peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. That’s it. After making the dough, you drop the cookies on some parchment paper and wait for them to set up. After about an hour, you have some of the most addictive cookies on the planet.
I always have to make these cookies for parties – and they are usually the first cookies gone. I made some to give to some friends recently, and I miiiight have stolen all the crumbs from the parchment paper. Maybe.
Try this simple family classic the next time your in a cookie-making mood. But fair warning: you can never stop at just one cookie. Who ever said that was a bad thing?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a large saucepan, add butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add 3 cups old-fashioned oats and stir until combined.
- Drop mixture onto parchment paper in heaping tablespoons. Let sit for about 1-2 hours or until set.